CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Pages

Friday 15 July 2011

...isn't a "friend" at all

The Fundamental Ingredients Of Friendship

Now, everyone has a different list of what makes a friendship - and I clearly agree that those ingredients decide upon what kind of friendship you want and what you want out of it.

I have my best friend, my girl friends and those in-between ones who help me in their own special way appreciate my existence. And I could just put a Full Stop at the end of that and be happy.

Yet I also have people I don't class as friends. Ones I class mainly as "Colleagues" as I know them either through work or people. These people are built of Fire, if I were to built of Ice - different spieces who hold different purpose and values.

I can't tell you what makes a friend but I can tell you what does not:
  • Distrust
  • Selfishness
  • Self-centeredness
  • Egocentricity
  • Narcissism
  • Megalomania 
How do I know this? Because Joan* has all this boiled down into her tiny frame. Quite frankly she is hideous through and through. Recently she became my manager - before that she was just annoyingly over the top - but after that she jumped into this personality shift.

Things she has done: told me "it happens" when my grandad died. Jumps into conversations she is not welcome into and changes the subject to herself. Has tantrums. Back stabs you, sprinkles posion ivy into wounds to create a mini war in work...and that is to to name a few.

And as I attempt to psychoanalye why she acts like this, I get thrown between a rock and a brick wall. She is a middle-child, comes from a seemingly normal family, does voluntary work with teens...

So is it just that she is made by fire, if I'm made of ice?

Or does the ingredients I use to make friends not the sort she uses. Am I baking cookies if she is cooking chicken?


0 comments:

Post a Comment