CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Pages

Sunday 22 May 2011

...will not listen to advice


Can too much fun be a bad thing? Answer: yes

As a recently single gal, Lucy* has been up for running around the world stark naked in celebration for the last month or so. This is all good - I'm all about Single Girl Power - but her appetite is not about freedom anymore. Instead of being work-orientated, Lucy has started staying out all night, drinking bottle after bottle of alcohol and refusing to step up to her responsibilities. 

Always right and never wrong is a frustrating trait to have to live with. It is as if you are standing in a room, reeling advice about things that seem like just general common sense: "You don't need to finish of the bottle it aint going anywhere". "Aren't you working tomorrow, then maybe we should call it a night" and knowing that no one is even listening.

I don't know everything and I'm not going through what she is. I understand that - but when everything you say falls on deaf ears and you just don't know how to help, or how to get her to open up - it can make you feel like you want to run the other way.

So do I attempt to ram the cold hard truth down her throat - because with Lucy that would come at a high hard price: losing her friendship? I could end up on the lengthy list of all the people before that attempted this and failed miserably so. And as much as Lucy is on a rocky path of perhaps self-detonation right now - she is an amazing friend I could not bear to lose.

That brings me to the other option. Ignore her, turn a blind eye and wait till it all goes away. Of course, what would that mean? That I'm abandoning her in a time she needs her friends coating her, ready with the tissues or what she needs? Sure break ups can be terrible - see my previous blogs - but sometimes they are far more complex and require someone standing by for weeks and months readying for an onslaught of whatever that shows itself as.

So I hang on the very small fence in between my two options, hoping that something will change and praying she will realise that - true partying is fun - but it has to be done moderately. I'll keep you posted anyway.
You see as Lucy skips down the road she believes is all about fun, freedom and femininity, she leaves me and our friends standing idly by, unable to help or assist for the simple fact that nothing we say will stop her because Lucy will not listen. Period.

0 comments:

Post a Comment