CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Pages

Sunday 19 June 2011

...has gone backpacking to Malaysia!



As we speak my closest college friend is on a plane for an exciting three-month travelling saga of Malaysia. Yes I am wholly jealous.

I think about my life and how it isn’t how I intended it to be right now. I am happy – more or less – and surround myself with all these amazing people yet… it is just not how I envisioned what the year 2011 would do for me.

Last year I planned and planned to go to Japan for a year to teach English. Got my certificates and whatnot yet was always being held back via friendship commitments. Firstly a high school friend asked me to be Maid of Honour at her wedding, then another friend told me to attend hers and everything snowballed into me sticking around.

“I’ll go this year” was what I concluded and then BAM: best friend’s boyfriend had cancer, another broke up with her love and once again everything seems to be snowballing me down a cliff face to a pit I’ll not be able to crawl out of till next year.

And so, as Emma is enjoying being spontaneous and creating such amazing memories, I’m left behind and it’s okay. I’m needed right now – as I was last year and maybe next year. My friends ARE my world, and venturing so far from them would be like a shepherd leaving his much loved flock. 

One day I will be gallivanting somewhere glamorous, and in the mean time – I wish Emma and Peri an amazing, safe and successful journey. I will miss you!

[If you want to follow Emma and Peri’s adventure they have blogged it: http://periandemma.wordpress.com ]

0 comments:

Post a Comment