CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Pages

Wednesday 15 June 2011

...wants to start up an affair

I pride myself in having a lot of different friends with different tastes, values and ambitions. As a writer I find this healthy and filled with much more experience than sticking to the same old. However there is one little flaw this situation has: I am only ever going to be my age, and those younger are always going to be lagging behind in "maturity" as those older with have gained more experience than what I have right now.

And, possibly in some blind trying to pretend-its-not-happening way, I have put down Ian's* slightly weird obsession with me as him being young. What I continue to not understand is Ian has a girlfriend - a beautiful, smart and as far as I know nice girlfriend whom he has been with for a couple of years.

They seem perfectly happy together, yet on occasions I get a text or a Facebook message that I am increasingly having hard to put as joking. What is the fascination with me? It is because I'm older? The opposite from his girlfriend or that it is just teenage hormones that are driving him to act like this?

I have no idea. Nor am I ever going to start up this fantasy affair his has concocted. The most effective method I discovered to deal is to pretend to be innocent and fairly stupid about what he says. Mainly I act like I have no idea what he is impling: with a sprinkle of literalism when I can for added effect. When he asks me "wa u up 2" (and yes he does ask it like that) I firstly tell him that I canny understand such gibberish for time to make up scenarios such as visiting family, doing work, going to sleep as I've been ill... I guess it helps to have a vivid imagination for these excuses and I have enough to write a book!

And all I can do is hope he gets over this hormonal imbalance, because my god it is annoying! To all men out there who doesn't know this already: sometimes girls like having you as just a friend - especially when you have a quite amazing girlfriend already!

0 comments:

Post a Comment