CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Pages

Monday 20 June 2011

...just found out her boyfriend has cancer #2

Help, I've been Quarantined!

So, I’ve been banned from visiting or seeing Louise for a while. Or, more precisely, I have self-decided to quarantine myself from her as I have been struck down with a flimsy common cold. And it sucks.

We had so many things planned for this week as it is Week One of Jackson’s three weeks out of hospital regime. Week one is usually spent in bed, too exhausted from his chemo to move. Followed my Week Two and Week Three where he is more able and willing to do things.

But, and admittedly I did not know this, but people undergoing chemotherapy have no immune system and thus cannot risk getting sick, even a slight cold. It makes sense of course, in a “if I had actually thought about it then yeah obviously” kind of way. So it means that I had to cancel all our plans to stop Louise catching it and then passing it on.

This makes me unhappy and a wee bit nervous. I have thus realised I know absolutely nothing about cancer and its treatments - or about colds and theirs. It's not severe, more like a slight irritation in the throat, but how long am I going to be infectable for?

So my week is to be spent researching the answers, miserable that I have a new game I cannot play [waiting for Louise] and a million things we have to put on hold until we're both free. If anything it makes me realise just how significant all these insignificant things in life actually are.

If anyone knows anything about this, advice would be well appreciated.
Nikki

0 comments:

Post a Comment